Tax & Legal
The tax laws and their impact on business are ever-changing.
This requires Board and management to consider domestic and foreign regulations, and a variety of practical and commercial issues, including rapid advances in technology.
We at HLB ACP Central Africa assist businesses, individuals and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, whilst also delivering a wide range of business advisory services. We use the depth of our knowledge and wealth of our experience to identify possible alternatives where necessary and to ensure utmost tax efficiency in your business. You need tax strategies aligned with your business drivers, built on effective compliance and open, transparent reporting. So we create highly networked teams who can advise on planning, compliance, and reporting and maintaining good relationships with the tax authorities.
How we help clients
Our corporate clients include subsidiaries/branches of multinational groups, family-owned businesses, venture capital, and private equity fund managers, managed investment schemes, industry associations, charities, and other not-for-profit organizations.
This requires a strong understanding of a wide range of local tax rules that may impact these organizations, as well as detailed knowledge of their main business activities. We assist our clients on all corporate tax compliance and advisory matters, including:
- A full range of tax advice and compliance assistance, covering income tax and specialty taxes such as Corporate Tax, Income Tax, International Tax, employment taxes, and other State taxes.
- Assistance with the preparation and review of tax provision calculations and tax effect accounting calculations to assist with the preparation of the audited financial statements.
- Advising on tax consolidation issues, including preparation of exit and entry calculations, the availability of tax losses transferred into a tax consolidated group, and other matters.
- Tax due diligence assistance and other tax-related M&A advice, including advising on structuring and restructuring of the corporate group.
- Employee share scheme advice and assistance for the employer and its employees, including assistance with establishing and ongoing maintenance of employee share schemes.